Job title: Support Associate
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
It is the responsibility of the Production Support Operator includes clean the production machines, recycling, lift truck certification to transport recyclables * Obtain supplies (safety goggles and safety gloves are mandatory)
- Lock out assigned machines prior to cleaning/maintenance.
- Brush and clean lint off shaft covers with pole brush and Clear-View.
- Take disks and rings to oil room, Clean disks and rings in oil remover in the drum, Put disks and rings on buggy, return to machine.
- Clean boomerang on both sides.
- Clean dividers
- Clean spindles.
- Clean pots
- Clears lint and grease from the safety cables of the twisting machines.
- Cleans out from under production machinery twice per period.
- Sweeps, Operates scrubber
- Collecting discarded stretch wrap film.
- Collecting discarded cardboard.
- Blow and brush lint off of machine.
- Clean the winder with rags and Clear-View.
- Remove oil pans and place on buggy.
- Operate cardboard shredder
- Operate waste balers
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Alma, GA
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 06:27:13 GMT