Job title: Senior Project Engineer – Roadway/Civil Works
Job description: AsSenior Project Engineer for Roadway and Civil works on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project, you will lead a team in the design coordination of civil works for the landside portion of the project. Once design is completed, this position has the potential to transition into a field based supervisory role during active construction.
- Support design coordination of civil works and liaise with project stakeholders, including subcontractors/subconsultants, all other project disciplines and project field staff, ensuring full integration of the different design disciplines so no clashes will be detected during the execution phase
- Liaise closely with the discipline leads (temporary works/design coordination) in the definition and preparation of required temporary works in your area of focus, defining means and methods and impacts on civil works as per the set standards and QHSE policies on the project.
- Perform peer/constructability reviews to improve structural details of permanent and temporary works
- Make engineering decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guidelines and contract commitments
- Ensure work is assigned and delivered within budget, time and quality constraints
- Perform field inspections of temporary works for construction
- Prepare written reports on results of studies and investigations under the guidance of supervisor
- During construction, meetwith engineering team to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Initiateand manageRequests for Information (RFIs) as needed.
- Providetechnical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per managements direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution and 10+ years related experience
- Proven knowledge of temporary works construction practices and constructability innovation techniques, particularly in relation to roadway, Retaining Wall and Drainage on large scale heavy civil infrastructure projects required
- Proven success with creative, innovative and optimization strategies for construction challenges
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality assurance practices.
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options to mitigate project delays.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Proven interpersonal skills used to defend, clarify and explain construction strategies and designs for all levels across the project
- Clear, concise and efficient technical writing skills used in calculation packages
- Expert skill at self-prioritization and time-management and advanced planning and scheduling skills required.
- Ability to drive, mentor and support a developing engineering team, setting clear expectations to reach departmental and project goals
- Knowledge of some or all of the following: AutoCAD, RIZA suite, LARSA and MathCAD
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation is considered a plus
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:37:37 GMT