Job title: PSAB: Civil Engineer (CE) Functional Lead with Security Clearance
Job description: KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity. Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning. The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Civil Engineer (CE) Functional Lead shall manage and oversea customer support services, infrastructure maintenance, facility maintenance, generator maintenance, architectural and engineering services, pest management, appliance maintenance, water bottle distribution and accountability for all U.S. government owned equipment, facilities, and assets associated with the civil engineering services provided. The aforementioned services are in support of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). RESPONSIBILITIES: * Manage and supervise personnel, equipment, tools, vehicles, and other items and services necessary to perform all civil engineer services, tasks, and functions for PSAB.
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Ensure all contractual performance objectives met.
- Manage a large, diverse, international, and multi-skill workforce.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- CE Functional lead shall ensure personnel are adequately trained, and personnel assigned to all tasks have the requisite knowledge and skills to meet minimum performance requirements as well as comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools, information and Data).
- Ensure required contractual submittals are provided to the government.
- Ensure compliance with all US laws, Saudi Labor Law, US EPA Guidelines, Final Governing Standards (FGS), Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD), US Building Codes, Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) standards. In addition, ensure site activities comply with applicable US, DoD, and Host Country codes and standards to include American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), International Plumbing Code (IPC), National Plumbing Code (NPC), Building & Fire codes concerning health, safety, and the environment in the design and construction of real property facilities at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: * May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: * Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: * Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail. Education/Certifications: * Bachelor’s Degree in an a technical or appropriate discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Project Management Professional preferred but not required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver’s License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining * Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance or must be able to acquire a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM theater requirements. Experience: * Minimum 8 years’ work experience with similar projects, USAF CE AFSC experience is HIGHLY DESIRED Skills: * Project management, pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability.
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments or within the Engineering and Construction Industry.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 23:31:32 GMT