Job title: Process Technician
Job description: Process Technician
Job Title: Process Technician
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 -12 months
Address: Chicago, IL 60617
Hours: 12 hours rotating shifts. Day 5am to 5pm, Night 5pm to 5am; two weeks on days followed by two weeks on nights and so on. They will work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next plus any overtime that they pick up.
Work schedule: Work Tuesday and Wednesday, off on Thursday and Friday, then work Saturday through Monday, then off Tuesday and Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday then off Saturday through Monday and return to work Tuesday on the opposite shift (if they were working nights, they would go to days, and if they were working days then they go to nights
Work Environment: Production
Dress Code: steel toe shoes, pants and long sleeve shirt
This position will work as Process Technicians in the East Department and will be responsible for simultaneously operating multiple batch chemical reactors, a bulk powder pneumatic conveying system, vacuum systems, filtration systems, a continuous distillation process, a thermal oxidizer, and a boiler. They will oversee the loading and unloading of railcars and bulk trucks, as well as running quality and analytical testing on in-process and finished product in the Laboratory. They will also perform a variety of departmental administrative activates as needed.
- The Process Technician will work closely with the production supervisory. The process technician will run analytical tests on in-process and finished product in the laboratory. It is expected that the technician is capable of being trained to fulfill a variety of job roles. Key attributes of the successful candidate are a strong commitment to the customer, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) excellence and quality production.
- The plant consists of semi-automated batch reactors. Technicians will be required to work on a rotating shift basis. Because of the potential exposure to chemicals, PPE issued for the position includes respirators, chemical resistant clothing, eye protection goggles, safety glasses, and chemical resistant boots. The plant is also set up with tanks and equipment outside, so this position will spend time in all different types of weather.
Typical day consist of operating 3 reactors and off load and load, monitor and troubleshoot other reactors and maintenance of the machines in the area.
– Monitor all critical operating parameters and make adjustments to the processes as necessary
– Safely handle (loading and unloading of bulk trucks, totes and drums) hazardous chemicals including methanol,
flouroboric acid, organic acids, and combustible dusts
– Follow safe operating procedures and review and offer updates as necessary
– Perform laboratory analysis including wet chemistry and physical property testing
– Perform basic department administration including production and analytical entry
– Coordinate contractor and maintenance activities including safe work permits and LOTO
– Manage department raw material, finished product, and supplies inventory
Ideally candidate must have:
**Chemical Operator experience work with chemical reactors**
- Analytical Skills
- Familiarity with computers and process control systems
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders multiple times per shift
- Manual dexterity to work with laboratory equipment
- Ability to safely lift and carry 55 lbs. bags or hoses
- Ability to maneuver 600 lbs. drums with the assistance of a drum handler
- Ability to maneuver 2200 lbs. pallets with a pallet jack and a forklift
Ideal candidate has previous chemical operator experience working with chemical reactors.
Candidate must possess one of the following education qualifications
Min. Chemical Process degree through a vocational or technical school
Min. Completion of a Technical Certificate program
Min. Associate’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent progress toward a higher degree
Min. Completion of military training in a technical role
Min. 3 years of equivalent on the job training in chemical processing
3 years of experience on a chemical processing environment
Some experience in a bath chemical operation
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solution’s organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 117067 when responding to this ad.
Location: Whiting, IN
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:38:27 GMT