Job title: IT Security Administrator
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
This position is located in Spartanburg, SC in the Information Services Department and reports to the Information Systems Security Manager. The Security Administrator position is a hands-on role requiring strong technical, research, and communication skills. In addition to working in a fast-paced environment resolving end user security issues, this position will provide opportunities to work on a variety of cybersecurity related projects in areas such as cloud security, endpoint security, network access controls, and incident response.
Example activities for the Security Administrator may include:
- Acting as the initial point of contact for cybersecurity related questions and resolving technical issues.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting cyber security solutions.
- Investigating security monitoring alerts and formally declaring incidents as appropriate.
- Developing and delivering content for cybersecurity awareness promotion and educating end users on secure behaviors to protect themselves and the company.
- Administering on-going processes in areas of vulnerability management, access audits, cloud security, and network access controls.
- Collaborating with team members to analyze security requirements and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Supporting account maintenance including lockouts, forgotten passwords, and multi-factor authentication needs.
- Two-year degree or higher in a technology related field.
- Basic knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and security related settings.
- Experience working in a fast moving, support desk environment
- Relevant certifications (Security+, Network+, A+, etc.) would be a plus, but not required.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:53:04 GMT