Job title: Global Agriculture Technical Lead
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Milliken Chemical is looking for a Global Agriculture Technical Lead to support our colorants and additives business into the Agriculture market segment. As the global technical leader of the segment, reporting to the Performance Colorants and Ingredients (PC&I) Development Leader, your primary role is creating an innovation strategy, managing technical output of the project portfolio, and facilitating cross region knowledge transfer. As a part of global technical community with both direct and indirect reports, strong leadership skills will be needed to successfully manage this role.
- Understanding of the Agriculture market segments, with experience in seeds, seed treatments, active ingredients. Experience in fertilizer, turf and ornamental chemistries is also a plus.
- Ability to facilitate technical direction with understanding of Agriculture formulations, treatment applications, and equipment used.
- Global customer interaction to help translate market needs and technology gaps toward building a pipeline of innovation projects.
- Proven track record of analytical skills oriented toward technical validation of new technologies.
- Working with the global sales and marketing teams in value proposition translation and communication to customer base
- Build strong networks and affiliations within key market segments to support growth initiatives within Agriculture market segment
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Agronomy, Biological Science, or other Agricultural degree required
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Materials Science preferred
- Agriculture chemistry experience and formulation knowledge in the area of seed treatment, foliar applications, turf & ornamental
- Willingness for global travel up to 30%.
- Extensive project management experience and/or certifications a plus
- Engaging and self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills – written and verbal
- Position can be located at any of global technical centers, Spartanburg, SC (USA), Sao Paulo, Brazil
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:37:35 GMT