Job title: Base Software Engineer (Integration Testing) (Engineer II)
Company: Magna International Inc.
Job description: Job Number: 12671
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position:
Responsible for developing and executing test strategies based on requirements. Involved in the testing of embedded software for driveline electronic control systems and components. Working from broad specifications, not only performs, but is responsible for guiding engineering activities. Independently plans, designs, and carries out work assignments and often serves as a technical authority.
As an intermediate level engineer, the engineer will work independently with limited supervision to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using knowledge and judgement to make adaptations and modifications.
- Develop and execute Low Level / Base Software unit & integration test strategies based on requirements, architecture and software units.
- Setup and execute unit tests (Vectorcast) & static tests (polyspace / QAC / MISRA) to demonstrate functional coverage & code coverage.
- Setup and execute hardware – software integration tests for checking the software for release readiness.
- Setup the tools and automate the test process for checking coding guidelines, running regressions for unit tests, static tests & integration tests.
- Responsible for test planning, test creation, test execution, interpretation of test results and documentation of deviation and initiation of improvements.
- Attend and represent the software team as the testing expert for FMEAs, and Functional Safety assessments.
- Work closely with and coordinate the activities of an offshore test team.
- Perform technical and formal test reviews.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting the test progress and results.
- Ensure constant communication with the offshore test team.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
- Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
o Report unsafe conditions immediately.
o Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
o Follow safety rules.
o Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
o Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Customers and Business Interfaces:
- Systems Engineering
- Software & HIL Test Engineering
- Vehicle Verification Engineering
- Project Management
- Electrical Hardware Engineering
- North American OEMs
- Magna Pune Office
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering required (Electrical, Software, Controls Engineering or similar preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience with Low Level / Base Software testing tools like Vectorcast, Polyspace, Helix QAC.
- 4+ years of experience with Low Level / Base Software testing using above mentioned tools required.
- Knowledge & experience with Vector CAN tools: CANalyzer, CANape and CANoe.
- Experience with automation & scripting tools (python, Jenkins) strongly preferred.
- Experience with debugging the Low Level software using debugging tools (e.g. Lauterbach) and Version Control system (e.g. PTC) preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge in C,C++
- Ability to work closely with and coordinate the activities of an offshore team.
- Automotive industry experience strongly preferred.
- High level of analytical ability, understand of engineering theory and principles of design.
- Strong organizational/communication skills, and ability to work with others in a team environment.
Office Environment; 20% travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by manufacturing processes.
Location: Troy, MI
Job date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 06:28:03 GMT