Job title: Validation Technician (IN, Kokomo)
Job description: BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner is currently looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join us as a Validation Technician at our Kokomo Technical Center located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- Perform vibration and shock testing
- Reconfigure test machine for x/y/z axis testing
- Mounting product to test fixture and peripherals/utilities
- Collaborate with Engineer to setup electrical monitoring of part performance
- Program vibration profiles to run test
- Troubleshoot equipment (with engineer)
- Interpret customer/internal test specifications
- Gather and document test results
- Perform general equipment repair and maintenance
- Follow company policies and housekeeping
Education & Experience:
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Strong problem solving
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Candidates must demonstrate strong professional and technical competence.
- Possess excellent oral and writen communication skills, be responsible and capable of self direction, have strong leadership skills driving self and organization to improve performance, be a team player, and display a high level of maturity. They should willingly accept challenges, be customer focused, possess excellent technical knowledge and skills, and be highly motivated.
- 5+ years of previous dynamics testing experience
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Kokomo, IN
Job date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 03:15:38 GMT