Job title: Sr. Director, Specialty Interiors
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Division President, the Senior Director, Sales and Development will serve as a key member of the management team and will have full responsibility for Specialty Interiors business unit with oversight of sales, new product development and product design which produces products with an annual sales revenue of $50M+. Successful candidate will have a broad background planning and implementing growth strategies in this or similar markets. In additional to strategic oversight, this person also has tactical responsibilities to ensure customer service excellence, new product development and operational profit.
- Partner closely with the leadership to stay ahead of trends in and around the industry to continue to improve and accelerate its competitive position
- Play a key role in the planning, designing and implementation of the business’ strategic objectives to deliver exceptional performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate a strategy and present that strategy at an executive level
- Identify potential technology collaboration opportunities, define joint solutions, develop business cases and drive go-to-market strategy
- Prioritize business opportunities and generate multiple options to seize new market opportunities
- Design organizational structure with track record of building and leading high performance teams.
- Drive continuous improvement across business processes such as NPD, Design and Sales
- Strong understanding of financials, business modeling and P&L levers to achieve financial targets
Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar with a Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years of relative experience with 5+ years leading sales and/or developing teams in the Specialty Interiors / Contract Fabrics market
- Ability to manage a $15M budget with accountability of $50M in revenue
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
- Exceptional team leadership attributes and proven success
- Strong product knowledge and insight within the Specialty Interiors / Contract Fabrics market
- Strong Business and Financial Acumen
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Job date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 22:56:41 GMT