Job title: Senior Electrical Superintendent, Construction Management
Job description: IPS hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Electrical Superintendent, Construction Management to join our industry leading Project Delivery and Construction team with our office location in Morrisville, NC.
The Sr. Superintendent leads specific construction site activities, including specific trades, and manages parts of the field operations on projects. This job is responsible to support the Project Director, Project Manager and Construction Manager for oversite of work progress, subcontractor manpower and correct work coordination between the trades. The primary focus of this position is to assist to ensure that the subcontractor and vendor work is completed safely and in compliance with the contract documents and project schedule. Further, this position is responsible for collecting and assembling on site testing reports, inspection reports and the completion of Construction Completion Records for close-out documentation to the IPS Commissioning/Validation team and client.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes primary responsibility for activities associated with specific trades on assigned construction sites.
- Leads assigned vendors and subcontractors to meet project goals.
- Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Ensures projects meet applicable quality requirements.
- Interacts with clients at site on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Supports the Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager in the development and maintenance of preconstruction, construction, and closeout execution plans.
- Supports the Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager in the development and maintenance of project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations, and sequencing logic.
- Develops a working knowledge of the project budget for assigned trades and identifies exceptions to the project budget throughout execution of the project.
- Supports the Project Director and Project Manager in the development of change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Oversees the work of assigned vendors and subcontractors to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
- Participates in constructability reviews of design documents.
- Supports Project Director and Project Manager in the procurement and coordination of all required extra-corporate project resources. Works with Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager to conduct pre-bid walk-through and de-scope meetings. Supports the Project Manager in the evaluation of vendor and subcontractor invoices. Assists in evaluation of requests for payment against actual performance.
- Manages subcontractor and vendor field T&M change requests. Evaluates legitimacy of request in terms of contractual requirements and validity of cost estimate.
- Facilitates communication between subcontractors, vendors, and project personnel, and produces documentation of communication between project participants. Supports the RFI process.
- Personally, makes periodic site inspections and evaluations and reports on the results of those inspections.
- Supports the Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager in the production of daily reports of site conditions, including weather, force levels, and safety issues.
- In concert with IPS Health and Safety Professionals reviews job safety analysis documentation and other safety documentation as required by corporate safety program.
- Supports the Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager in periodic coordination meetings with trade subcontractors at site.
- Supports the Construction Manager and Document Control to ensure that all submittals are distributed, reviewed, and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Reviews submittals as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Supports the Project Director, Project Manager, Construction Manager ensuring compliance of project activities with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees startup activities of assigned trades if included in the project scope.
- Oversees commissioning activities of assigned trades if included in the project scope.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 8 plus years of experience in Project Delivery or a related discipline.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
This position will have 25% travel, or as required by the assigned project. Position may be assigned to client site for an extended period of time. Overnight travel or staying in the city of Client’s location is possible depending on assignment. Please review IPS Travel Policy. Position will visit Client sites and will be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit construction sites and will be required to take site safety training and adhere to site safety rules.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position. The employee is considered a field contractor supervisor and acts in a supervisory role for field work. For IPS employees or subcontractors.
Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization.
Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients, the IPS Organization, subcontractors and vendors.
Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,100 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Location: Morrisville, NC
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 06:53:11 GMT