Job title: Senior Building Maintenance Technician
Company: Kitchell Corporation
Job description: Job Description:
Employee-owned seeks an experienced Senior Building Maintenance Technician to join our Ohio region in Columbus and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the United States.
Perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the following building trades: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, cement masonry, or dry wall in order to maintain, repair and remodel facilities. This position will be managing the work of specialty vendors and will work under limited supervision. This is a full time position with normal working days from Monday through Friday, requiring periodic on-call availability for emergency situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs a variety of routine maintenance on HVAC equipment, electrical and electronic controls, plumbing, general shop equipment, small kitchen appliances, and other equipment and systems depending on experience
· Coordinates vendors for performance of specialized maintenance, repair, or certification of equipment and systems. Inspects completed work for conformance with contract requirements and safety codes. Processes invoices for payment
· Participates in safety and technical training meetings and uses safe working practices at all times
· Interacts courteously with the public, vendors, and client staff; maintains effective working relationships with other staff; cooperates with and follows directions of manager to effectively meet departmental and client objectives
· Responds to client questions on contracted maintenance activities and decisions in resolving problems in a professional and timely manner. Refers questions and comments to manager as required
· Requisitions materials and supplies using established guidelines and procedures
· Responds to emergencies as requested and coordinates all after-hours work activities and repairs; informs manager(s) of all after-hours work requirements
· Documents and records all work performed and materials used into a computerized maintenance management system
· Assembles documentation for compliance with federal, state, local and company compliance and auditing requirements, and participates in audits as required
· Executes additional duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned
· Adjusts system operations through Building Management System (BMS) computer systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree and specialized or advanced coursework in building maintenance or related field required
· Universal EPA Certificate required
· Minimum 7 years of position related work experience in building maintenance or related field required
· Valid Driver’s License and proof of current automobile insurance is required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Knowledge of the proper use of specialized building equipment and systems including: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, and other trades
· Knowledge of Federal and New York OSHA occupational safety regulations
· Be able to lead a team with strong communication skills as well as ability to build effective working relationships with customers and others
· Moderate computer literacy for entering and looking up information using standard business software. Prior experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred
· Knowledge of the facility management, architecture, engineering and construction industries
· Ability to read and understand construction, electrical and equipment blueprints and schematics
· Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills
· Must be able to pass comprehensive pre-employment background investigations and drug screen
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office and or industrial environment.
· Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
· The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
· Must be able to lift over 50 pounds. Regularly pushing, pulling carts or wheelbarrows. Lifting and pushing shovels, brooms, floor scrapers, and various tools.
· Reaching above and at shoulder height with the weight of several objects and tools into trucks or carts. Sitting and driving depending on location of job sites.
· Standing and walking for assigned work shift. Crouching, kneeling for extended periods.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company founded in 1950. We provide general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 00:36:47 GMT