Job title: Onboarding and Training Coordinator
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
The Onboarding and Training Coordinator will set up, organize and conduct various trainings throughout the facility. As a member of the HR team, the coordinator will support efforts to hire and onboard new associates to Milliken. With the guidance of the local HR Manager and Operations Manager, he/she will champion the achievement of plant wide certification of all employees to maintain compliance with Safety, ISO and GMP requirements. This individual needs to be self-motivated and self-assured with strong interpersonal skills. This role will be located at our Salisbury, MA manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for learning the production facility including the relationships between operations and other departments.
- Support HR team with processing new hires, and ensuring they have a positive first impression of the company.
- Track employees’ progress to ensure they receive the proper training and are qualified to run the jobs for which they are assigned.
- Learn, and support, critical safety and human resources policies.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Elevate performance of self and others.
- Complete work independently and with guidance for various supervisors and managers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with associates at all levels.
- Spanish/English bilingual, including the ability to create written instructions in both languages
- Ability to work off-shift as required to facilitate trainings.
- Confidence presenting in-front of groups of people.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Highly organized and motivated for success.
- Prior training development and implementation experience desired.
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Salisbury, MA
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 07:17:48 GMT