Job title: Civil/Construction Engineer (Virtual Part-Time))
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the worlds most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. [
Our Civil Group [ offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a part time (20 to 25 hrs per week) mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The Civil / Construction Engineer will be creating and reviewing designs and drawings as required and necessary for alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support and plan for the integration of National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects. In addition preparing generic building specification and conduct appropriate civil engineering tests and studies associated with the transition, integration.
Specific duties for this position also include:
- Reviewing assessments performed by others, identifying needs, and consolidating multiple needs into groups of similar needs, so that the number of new Originations required per site is minimized.
- Research existingorigination/project request in CWP and modify the problem solution in the Origination to avoid duplication of project request with the same scope.
- Coordinate with the Systems Support Center (SSC) and District Office (DO) National Air Space (NAS) Plan Program Managers and Services Area (SA) Requirements Specialist to confirm that proposed NAP entries are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with Services Area (SA) Program Implementation Manager’s (PIMs) and requirements specialists to resolve potential conflicts between proposed/new project requests.
- Update the Project Information in CWP for Capital Investment Plan (CIP)
- Work with the Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) program office to enhance the capabilities of the database as directed.
- Provide support to the program office on other UIS asset related tasks
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 to 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
Leidos is growing!Connect with us on LinkedIn [ and Facebook [
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program [ and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies [ by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS:
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORK:
CLEARANCE LEVEL REQUIRED:
Yes, 10% of the time
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Leidos is a Fortune 500information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here [
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:56:23 GMT