Job title: Chemical Operator
Job description: Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
COMPANY INFORMATION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position will report to the Bowling Green Production Manufacturing Supervisor and Manufacturing Manager. The goals of this position are to produce finished goods through blending, reacting, and packaging materials within the Bowling Green facility.
Other duties include:
- Charge the blend and reactor vessels with raw materials following manufacturing procedures.
- Make additions to the blend, reactor and storage vessels based from instructions provided by QC lab.
- Sample blend, reactor, or storage vessels as needed.
- Fill and label drums, or totes, with finished products from blend, reactor, or storage vessels following Standard Operator Procedures (SOPs).
- Operate forklift, as needed, throughout the shift
- Move drums of materials on a drum cart, or by other approved methods.
- Load finished materials onto a tank truck following all established SOPs.
- Unload raw materials from a rail car following all established SOPs.
- Complete all tasks wearing the proper PPE in accordance with the HMIS system.
- Maintain proper paperwork.
- Maintain good housekeeping of work area and plant.
- Assist and adhere to Lubrizol’s cultural beliefs. (All In, Lead Decisively, Take Action, Think External, Be Courageous)
- Perform other duties as required and directed by Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor or other lead operators.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Must possess basic mathematical aptitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and experience in chemical manufacturing processes.
- Consistent standing and walking throughout 12-hour shift.
- Additional physical requirements include lifting of up to 50lbs. throughout shift, climbing stairs and ladders.
- SAP Experience considered a plus.
All candidates applying for this position will be required to take an assessment test.
is in the heart of culturally rich The has a small town feel with big city amenities. There are countless local restaurants and eateries to choose from and a vivacious nightlife with different scenes to fit practically anyone. The city is home to Bowling Green State University where one can not only get a top-notch education, but also attend diverse sporting and entertainment events. Several Northwestern Ohio Universities have competitive athletic teams that make it a great area for sports fanatics to live in. Our facility is in the perfect location for taking a day trip or short weekend trips. To our north is Toledo, home to the Mud Hens baseball team, the Walleye hockey team, and the Huntington Center, a facility known for housing concerts, sporting events, and different event expos or visit the Toledo Zoo or Toledo Museum of Art. To our east is the Sandusky area featuring Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay. Just south of Bowling Green is Findlay, Ohio where one can visit an annual Hot Air Balloon festival and is home to University of Findlay. Interspersed between these areas are many annual festivals, Metro Parks, bike trails and of course the Maumee River and Lake Erie to enjoy. There are attractions in and around Bowling Green to fit everyone’s liking!
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
Please let us know if you need an accommodation to proceed with your application for a posted job, or with any other aspect of the interview or assessment process. You can either call 440-943-4200 and ask for Talent Acquisition or send an email to [email protected] Please note that this phone line and email address are not to be used for checking on the status of an already submitted application and not to be used by third party recruiters.
Location: Bowling Green, OH
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:38:35 GMT