Job title: Chemical Handler 1 with Security Clearance
Job description: Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. Our Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Chemical Handler 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. In this role you will perform a variety of tasks in the controlling and monitoring of chemicals within the company facility or manufacturing production organization in accordance with federal, state and local regulations such as EPA Clean Water Act and DOT Toxic Substances Control Act. Monitor chemicals, related equipment, and waste system indicators; make chemical and equipment adjustments to ensure proper system functioning and chemical solution balance; removes and disposes of waste chemicals, solvents, and acids; inspect hazardous waste production and storage units; and maintains operational logs. Clean up chemical spills. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Must have a good understanding of chemicals (acids, bases, oxidizers, flammables, reducers, water-reactives) in a variety of forms (liquids, solids, gases, sludges, slurries) and related incompatibilities to prevent undesirable chemical reactions. Work is performed in occasional hazardous working conditions and requires the use of specialized safety equipment and apparatuses. Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: * Minimum of a High School diploma / GED
- Must have a current active Secret DoD Clearance
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Must be able to successfully complete 40 hours of Hazardous Waste Management Training within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift certification within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to move 55 gallon drums with assistant of a dolly or hand truck, etc.
- Ability to work in various weather conditionsPreferred Qualifications: * 2 years’ experience in hazardous waste management.
- Possess valid CDL (Commercial Driver’s License).
- Forklift certifiedNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Location: Palmdale, CA
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 23:28:47 GMT