Job title: Activities – Life Enrichment Leader
Company: Senior Living Communities
Job description: Are you passionate about doing work that matters? Join our team & make a difference at Marsh’s Edge. St. Simons Island ‘s premier Retirement Community is seeking a FT Life Enrichment Leader to collaborate with the Member Services Department to deliver outstanding customer service and develop an enriching community program for the members.
The Life Enrichment Leader shall assist in the development and integration of social events, outings, programs, and activities. Programming to focus on the six dimensions of wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual, and vocational
This position also performs necessary administrative functions regarding the admissions/discharges of residents in Skilled Nursing. Assist in the organization and planning of the Social Services provided for residents of this community.
Learn & grow with our Educational Investment Scholarship Program!
Experience and Skills:
– High school graduation or GED required.
– CPR and AED certification required (must be attained in first 60 days of employment).
– Activities certification desired.
– Four year college or university degree in Recreation Therapy or human services field desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
– Two years’ experience with geriatrics / healthcare required.
– Two years’ experience in a similar activities position or human services position required.
– Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) plus the willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of
– Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
– Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels)
– Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
– Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
– Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
– Remain standing for extended periods.
– Respond to medical emergencies if needed.
– Assist with Member evacuations.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (Full-Time Team Members Only)
Wellness Program (Full-Time Team Members Only)
Flexible PTO Options
PTO Cash Out
Generous PTO Program
401(k) with Company Match
Education Investment Scholarship Program
Shift Differentials Available
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:09:18 GMT