Job title: Valway-Control Equipment Technician
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Control Equipment Technician reports to Engineering Services management. CET position provides 24-hr coverage – typically start on first shift for training purposes, but will be moved based on coverage needs. The long-term shift schedule will be 12 hours per day from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM Thursday – Wednesday with 7 days on and 7days off. Candidate must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. Duties inlcude but are not limited to:
Control Equipment Technician must have a 2 year Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance and Electronics. * Following Plant Safety Rules
- Following Lock-Out / Tag-Out Procedures
- Operation/Maintenance of Fire Prevention Systems
- Operation/Maintenance of Gas/Propane Systems and Cut-Offs
- Operation/Maintenance of Alarm Systems
- Operation/Maintenance of SAP System
- Operation/Maintenance of Wet Electrostatic Precipitator and Associated Systems
- Operation/Maintenance of pH Neutralization Systems, including changing out and calibration of pH Probes (Main Pit, R8 Pit, R6 Pit)
- Understands process specific items that are identified on CET CSD Training Checklist
- Troubleshooting Breakdowns and Abnormal Machine Operation.
- Repairing Electronic Devices
- Repairing Mechanical Devices
- All Technician Duties
- Ordering Parts/Supplies
- Checking-Out Parts/Supplies from Supply Room or other parts storage areas
- Working with or Leading Contractors
- Keeping Work Areas Clean and Organized
- Instructing/Training other Control Equipment Technicians, Technicians, and Candidates for these Positions
- Following Instructions from Engineering Services Manager and Engineering Services Engineer
- Identification of all Plant alarms including evacuation and severe weather at both plants
- Know how to respond to all plant alarms
- Has obtained a lift truck license
- Know 4th Ave high level alarm
- Lab environmental controls
- Hot work permits
- Night/ weekend contractor access
- Line break permits
- Knows security procedures for complex
- Knows how to trigger storm water gate near pond during the event of a chemical spill
- Operation and Daily Checklist for Valway Main Boiler.
- Understand the environmental impacts and aspects of job related activities. Follow established Valway and Milliken & Company guidelines concerning use of all chemicals. Comply with all Environmental regulations and Milliken Environmental Policies and Rules.
- Completing Work Orders
- Operation/Maintenance of Valway & Hillside Wet Electric Static Precipitators (WESP). Follow the established Valway guidelines concerning environmental regulations and reading recordings.
- Operation/Maintenance of Valway PH-pits
- Complete projects as assigned by Engineering Services Engineer or Engineering Services Manager
- Understands operation and minor maintenance items on chilled water systems
- Understands air compressor systems and how to start up/shut down each one (IR, Kobelco, ZR3, ZR4)
- Understands and has demonstrated ability to address items listed on CET CSD Training Checklist
- Follows trouble shooting priority when handling multiple trouble calls.
- Completes weekend checklist and instruction for weekend including energy conservation activities, air compressor management and boiler management
- Completing troubleshooter communication log and reporting temporary repairs, repetitive issues and unresolved item to Engineering Services Engineer or Engineering Services Manag
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: LaGrange, GA
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 02:32:47 GMT