Job title: Senior Estimator (Heavy Civil Earth Work)
Company: Phillips & Jordan
Job description: Phillips & Jordan is a privately held, woman owned heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our daily business practices. Phillips & Jordan is committed to a Zero Incident Philosophy that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response.
Phillips & Jordan is a national contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Phillips & Jordan maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At Phillips & Jordan our greatest resource is our employees and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with Phillips & Jordan.
Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, and a proven solution in the industry, and has built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging and difficult projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule. Phillips & Jordan employs a top notch workforce and we are always in need of new employees who are dependable professionals with experience in the construction industry, and who are safety conscious individuals that have a positive can do attitude, work well with others, and want to advance their careers.
Join the Phillips & Jordan team today and become a valued member of our company.
This position is responsible for effectively developing cost proposals for various heavy civil construction and industrial/commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years of experience in a related civil construction position (project management, estimating, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requests for proposals (RFPs), plans, specifications, and other related documents in preparation of detailed cost estimates.
- Perform and evaluate quantity takeoffs.
- Prepare work specification packages and scope descriptions to support and secure requests for quotations from subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documents and proposals to respond to RFPs.
- Prepare pre-construction project schedules
- Assists in the development of post-bid presentations.
- Prepare project budgets and assists in the pre-construction buyout and turnover process.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
- Support other department personnel as required, which may include preparation of estimates in other disciplines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing
- Read and interpret engineering plans, construction documents, purchase orders, contracts, and cost coding systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze, interpret and compare detailed and often inadequately defined information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
- Complete projects and/or reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Four year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Experience in detailed estimating, scheduling, and proposal development – 5 years minimum.
- Expertise with site/civil estimating for mass excavations and embankments, material transportation and handling, dredging, dewatering, and landfill construction – industrial applications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and system essential.
- Proficiency in Heavy Bid HCSS or Hard Dollar cost estimating software preferred.
- Proficiency in commercially available scheduling software, such as Primavera P6 or MS Project preferred.
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:14:55 GMT