Job title: Process Improvement Engineer
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Milliken Healthcare is an Industry leader in Advanced Medical Dressings development and production. Our facility located in Salisbury MA, is looking to add to its R&D staff.
The individual in this position will participate in a dynamic learning experience while contributing to the division’s growth goals. Under the direction of the Site Technical Manager, this position works independently or in conjunction with other engineers, plant managers, shift supervisors, quality, and maintenance personnel in analyzing and developing solutions to processes in the direct support of manufacturing. This includes modification, design and development of processes, cost improvement initiatives and quality improvement projects.
Key Job Duties
- Serves as the primary technical lead for process and equipment improvement projects.
- Interacts and oversees from a technical perspective equipment modifications, upgrades, and new installations.
- Responsible for learning all aspects of the production facility including the relationships between operations and other departments.
- Assists and understands how production supervisors manage their teams, meet volume goals, maximize yields while ensuring all quality and safety standards are met.
- Looks for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures.
- Successfully completes assigned projects in time and at/under budget.
- Learns, leads and supports critical safety and human resources policies
- Working independently or with others to develop improved methods for delivering finished product to our customers.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Demonstrates flexibility within a high performance work environment
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Completes work independently and with guidance for various supervisors and managers
- Communicates clearly and concisely with associates at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in progress, or complete; science/engineering major preferred
- Previous manufacturing work experience or classroom training, internship or co-op in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Bi-lingual English- Spanish preferred
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment
- Willingness to work on off-shift as necessary to complete projects
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Salisbury, MA
Job date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 07:25:36 GMT