Job title: Magnolia – Dye Lab Senior Service Associate
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
The Dye Lab Sr. Service Associate will report to the Lab Manager and is responsible for managing dye lab materials and maintaining tracking lists and spreadsheets for the dye lab. As new colors are adopted, this associate is responsible for building the new folders, setting up new standards for dye house and QA, and creating standard cards for the plant. This associate will assist with shade readings, dye lab folders, dye approvals, new product adoption process, and communication with customers and the sales team.
Qualifications – Required:
- Must be proficient on the computer and with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, SAP, MES, and Datacolor.
- Able to interact effectively with management, peers, customers, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be self-driven and a team player
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Experience with using a spectrophotometer and analyzing shade readings: L, a, b, DEcmc, etc.
- Follow written and oral instructions from department leaders.
- Participate in Magnolia’s safety process.
- Maintaining high level of housekeeping and cleanliness, keeping a safe working environment.
- Aid in quality analysis, defect prevention and countermeasure implementation.
- Monitoring and analyzing process parameters to ensure machines are performing to specification.
- Read shade on spectrophotometer
- Assigning color numbers and new finish mix material numbers
- Loading new colors into ColorScan
- Loading standards in Datacolor
- Creating standard cards for QA and CCC
- Loading dye lots/tank information in CCC database
- Updating production folders as needed
- Reviewing color fastness results and communicating to sales team
- Maintain dye lab cloth inventory for use in lab dips
- Update lab to production spreadsheets and performance charts
- Mailing swatches to customers and/or sales team as needed
Shift: Straight 3rd shift
Pay: $16.15 top rate
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Blacksburg, SC
Job date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 04:25:37 GMT