Job title: Keystone – Senior Distribution Specialist
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
GENERAL * Performs assignments and duties by following established procedures and management guidelines. Deviations from procedures must have prior management approval.
- Assist in normal receiving, shipping, finished goods, and raw material handling.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent level of housekeeping in all warehouse areas
- Maintain forklift license.
- Ability to operate a switcher (semi).
SHIPPING & RECEIVING * Receives raw materials from trucks at warehouse and manufacturing loading docks. Responsibilities include off-loading, sampling, labeling, storage, and paperwork.
- Ships finished goods from manufacturing area and warehouse. Includes movement to loading dock area, placement of product and shipping labels on containers, transfer of bill of lading, certificate of analysis & MSDS of truck driver.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, accurate, and timely receipt, shipment and movement of finished goods and raw materials.
- Operates computer system to receive raw materials, ship finished goods, complete bin transfers, and other transactions as required (this includes use of the SAP system via barcoding and terminal interfaces).
- Fills out necessary computer sheets, records, and logs.
- Performs other assignments as required by the warehouse manager.
SAFETY: * Responsible for safe execution of duties in accordance with the Chemical Manufacturing Safety Rules, including wearing of required personal protective equipment, using of all provided safety devices, following all procedures.
- Responsible for equipment checkout & startup after planned or emergency shutdown in accordance with established procedures.
- Actively participate in the safety process through execution of safety audits, participation in safety projects, safety OFI’s, and being an attending and participating member of a safety team.
- Complete annual safety training as required.
- Report all spills to Warehouse Manager. Fill out spill report for any spill greater than 5 gallons.
Follow all plant procedures to ensure no negative impacts on the environment, health, safety, security, and Responsible Care processes of Milliken Chemical
This position is first shift, hours are typically Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, with occasional over time.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Willing and able to wear a respirator.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: South Carolina
Job date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 22:43:15 GMT