Job title: Environmental Technician (Boiler Operator)
Company: Milliken & Company
Career Opportunities: Environmental Technician (Boiler Operator) (1861)
Req Id 1861 – Posted 11/09/2020 – Magnolia-M&C (US27) – Milliken & Company (1001)
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
The Environmental Technician (Boiler Operator) is responsible for completing monitoring, reporting, and record keeping for state and federal regulations and per company policies. This includes audits, inspections, calculations, report preparation, and documentation.
This position requires earning the “D” level SC Biological Wastewater Operator Certification within 2 years of hiring. Certification includes a state-issued multiple-choice exam. This position requires the pursuit of the “A” level SC Biological Wastewater Operator Certification.
- Seven day Gaines rotating shift.
- Work related inside and outside, office, and manufacturing environment.
- Conduct daily readings.
- Water Treatment Test.
- Operating boilers and other utility equipment.
- Title V compliance for boilers
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Computer skills sufficient to enter information into databases and spreadsheets, manipulate data and perform calculations using excel, and type up reports; use email; open, save, close, and create files; and navigate through different computer programs and control systems.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring physical exertion.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Ability to create and review written procedures.
- Math skills including algebra; calculations of area, volume, and concentrations; unit conversations; and problem solving.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and within time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible, learn new things, and adapt to change; ability to learn things independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Equipment and process trouble shooting.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Previous Wastewater Treatment experience.
- Previous Boiler/filter plant experience.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Job date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 03:09:14 GMT