Job title: Dietary Aide – Assisted Living – Part-Time Day Shift
Company: Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills
Job description: :
Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills (https://www.prestigecare.com/location/prestige-senior-living-southern-hills) is located in beautiful Salem, Oregon. Our community is conveniently located in a quiet, wooded neighborhood that’s just blocks from medical clinics and other local services. At Southern Hills Assisted Living, residents enjoy the comfort of home coupled with the benefits of community-based living.:
Southern Hills is also an award-winning assisted living community in the Mid-Willamette Valley, earning the “Best Of” award in 2019 through the Statesman Journal!:
At our community, we also offer Celebrations (https://www.prestigecare.com/service/our-services/assisted-living-/celebrations), an innovative lifestyle program that embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to foster happiness and longevity among our residents. Our program’s events, activities and educational opportunities are designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Come join our dining services team!!! We are seeking dependable team members to assist with daily dining services. Hours and days can vary based upon the needs of our community. Your flexibility will be needed to assist in assuring proper dining coverage, including evenings and weekends. Hours are PT/On-Call so perfect for a college student or someone looking to supplement income. Come join our amazing team and help us make a difference in our residents!!!
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Dining Services Aide assists with food service, general duties of the dietary department, and minor food preparation.
- Responsible for delivering meals to resident rooms, setting-up meal trays in accordance to diet orders and tray cards, ensuring residents are served proper diet and food preferences in a timely manner.
- Keeps the kitchen, dietary equipment, and dining room clean and sanitary at all times, including work areas and floors and according to assignment.
- Operates the dishwasher and properly stores pots, dishes and utensils.
- Ensures proper labeling of foods to be stored.
- Assists in minor preparation of food and is responsible for serving meals, snacks, and beverages using portion control and applicable sanitation practices.
- Follows community fire safety, infection control practices and hazardous chemical practices, and uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in accordance to health department procedures.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment to dietary services supervisor immediately.
- Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards and promotes residents and staff rights.
- Resets the dining room for the next meal and makes sure supplies are available for the next meal.
- Assists in storing incoming food and supplies as assigned and performs related duties as requested.
- Assist others with lifting, as required.
- Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Some experience working with the public preferred.
- Able to read and understand written and verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
Location: Salem, OR
Job date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:17:17 GMT