Job title: COORDINATOR COMMUNITY-BASED
Company: Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County
Job description: Marion County Public Health Department is an organization that celebrates diversity, and seeks to employ a diverse workforce. We actively encourage all individuals to apply for employment and to seek advancement opportunities. Marion County Public Health Department also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law. For additional questions please contact us at: .
Job Role Summary
This position is responsible for directing/evaluating all community based public health services within a geographic district; ensures that MCPHD objectives are accomplished within area of responsibility; ensures independent responsibilities under general supervision. This position is responsible for direct supervision of district office staff. This position is responsible for the daily management of a district health office and additional satellite offices. The Coordinator interacts with multiple health department departments to ensure that the public health activities are being performed to safe guard the health of the citizens of Marion County.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a NLN accredited school
- 5 to 8 years previous nursing experience, with supervisory experience preferred
- Computer skills including typing skills of minimum of 30 words per minute.
- CPR certified.
- CONTACTS – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL:
- Department Staff
- Organization-wide staff
- Senior Management
- Government Agencies
- Community Agencies
- School personnel
- Medical community
- LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current Indiana Registered Nurse license
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Access to own car and current automobile insurance
- KNOWLEDGE SKILL ABILITY
- Able to deal with stressful conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbal and written
- Attentive to detail
- Work well under pressure – numerous interruptions during the day; frequent requests for staff assignments/consultation
- Capable of being a leader/problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 01:56:35 GMT