Job title: Civil Inspector – Large Diameter Water Line
Job description: Requisition/Vacancy No.
Quality Assurance / Quality Controls
AECOM is actively seeking a Construction Inspector III Large Water pipelines to be located in Houston, Texas.
This position is expected to begin in December 2020.
This position will require the candidate to work in the field daily to coordinate with Contractors performing service line replacements, interact with property owners, and collect field data based on work being performed. The position is to satisfy the needs for the Houston Water Pipeline. You will work as a team member performing inspection duties as they relate to the installation of new large diameter water pipeline. Must utilize your Inspection training to make decision regarding field operations on a daily basis. Responsible for contractor compliance and project task completion.
Projects may include water and/or wastewater treatment facilities interface, combined sewer overflow facilities, sanitary sewer stations, booster pump stations, transmission and/or distribution mains.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
#1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM’s Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today’s municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
– Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
– Responsible for monitoring conformance to quality, performance, specifications, and/or code requirements by performing inspection duties.
– Gathers and correlates basic field data.
- Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection records.
– Participates in punch lists, testing, and commissioning.
– Tracks quality assurance progress.
– Provides input to documentation for area and equipment turnovers.
– Works on detailed or routine field assignments.
- Identifies discrepancies in field work performed by Contractors.
- Performs work in accordance with budget and schedule with moderate
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
HS + 4 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Preferred Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
10 + years’ experience municipal infrastructure market in Houston
Experience with Large Diameter water pipes up to 144 inch
Experience working with Harris County and City of Houston
Familiarity with project contract fundamentals
Strong problem solving, organizational, people, math and accounting skills
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 02:24:48 GMT