Job title: Civil Engineer
Company: Ross Group
Job description: About This Position
In this position, you will provide civil engineering consulting services and lead design team members for a variety of clients. Clients will include commercial, public sectors, midstream oil and gas and industrial. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction for projects varying in size and complexity.
In this role you will…
- Lead the development of design and construction documents.
- Coordinate with other technical staff including structural, mechanical/process, electrical, and architectural disciplines.
- Coordinate with in-house construction personnel for EPC projects.
- Provide input regarding the execution plan for each project with the project manager.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule, and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Address questions and issues during construction.
- Providing engineering field support as required during critical construction activities.
- Proactively working on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures. Maintaining internal and external networks to be informed of new developments in the field.
- Coach and develop less experienced staff
As the ideal candidate you…
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Ten plus years relevant experience including a diversity of project types.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal design codes and standards
- Must be a licensed civil engineer in the State of Oklahoma in good standing and without past disciplinary actions or the ability to obtain within six months.
- Ability to plan, lead, organize and communicate with team members and client representatives.
- Proven successful project history. (Cost, Customer Service, Quality, and Schedule)
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D design and H-H modeling software. Knowledge of MicroStation is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and MS SharePoint.
Expectations in this role include…
- Engaging in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Continually interacting with the client during the project development.
- Participating in the analysis, deployment, implementation and maintenance of technical policies and procedures.
- Continuously increasing knowledge and exhibiting ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Making timely decisions using sound and accurate judgment while keeping appropriate people informed in the decision process.
- Identifying problems, gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Consulting with entities associated and affected by issue.
- Continually reviewing progress of design to verify requirements are achieved and identifying issues for resolution early in project lifecycle.
- Organizing and prioritizing work activities while utilizing efficient time management skills in meeting deadlines or staying on schedule with projects.
- Communicating effectively and professionally both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Meeting established goals while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality of work.
You are physically able to…
- Operate a computer, telephone and other commonly used business-related items.
- Put in extended hours to meet critical deadlines and handle rapidly changing priorities to accomplish project goals.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Travel (approximately 10%) as needed to support projects.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:47:17 GMT