Job title: WPR Security Officer
Company: Terumo BCT
Job description: Requisition ID: 26923
At Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies, our 7,000+ global associates proud to come to work each day, knowing that what we do impacts the lives of patients around the world.
We make medical devices and related products that are used to collect, separate, manufacture and process various components of blood and cells. With our innovative technologies and service offerings, we touch a patient’s life every second of every day and are committed to continuing to increase the number of patients we serve.
With some of the best and brightest minds in the industry, an unmatched global footprint, comprehensive benefits and a distinct culture, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is a great place to work, grow and be part of a team that is focused on making a difference. Consider joining our team and unlock your potential.
Security Officer 1
6 am-2 pm and 2 pm-10 pm (Must be open to either) Monday – Friday
*Position will be in Littleton
- Participates in conducting preventive maintenance and repairs for proper functional and aesthetic value of access control, life safety, and other related systems.
- Participates in building evacuation and emergency response drills, providing emergency support as directed.
- Documents routine and emergency activity in an accurate, complete and thorough manner.
- Performs building reception and access control duties.
- Selects and uses established purchasing protocols for materials or components of a routine nature that are limited to a moderate monetary amount necessary for projects, repairs, inventory, or normal supplusage.
- Assists engineers, supervisors, project managers, and other facilities personnel by providing support with projects.
- Assists in the coordination of snow/ice removal during the winter months including initiating and directing activities of the snow removal contractor.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May schedule the work of other employees, contractors, and vendors.
- May assist in training of entry-level facilities personnel in building maintenance, renovation technologies, procedures, technical knowledge, and the use of facilities systems.
- May be required to handle, collect, label, and/or transfer hazardous chemical waste following established procedures and guidelines.
- May be accountable for small and medium-scope projects.
- May be required to work other shifts, non-standard work, or overtime hours to meet objectives and schedules.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Previous experience in security, police or other first responder role preferred. May include Civilian or Military Police, Civilian or Military Firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated high level of honesty, integrity, ethics, and professionalism is required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and provide possible solutions.
- Ability to read building layouts and blueprints.
- Communicate effectively via phone and radio.
- Establish initial incident command until relieved.
- Coordinate appropriate response to emerging issues on campus including notifications of Facilities, Operations, and
- Management team personnel as required.
- Physical ability to conduct foot and vehicle patrols and inspections of site facilities and equipment for safety and security.
- Conduct preliminary inquiries of incidents and accidents on campus.
- Able to respond to a wide variety of emergencies including accidents, medical emergencies, severe weather, and facility system failures.
- Ability to coordinate with emergency response personnel from local police, fire, and other government organizations.
- Skills to monitor and operate the fire/life safety systems for the campus.
- Ability to carry out and interpret existing methods and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and accountability reporting to include marked drawings showing building or systems changes.
- Operates and cares for associated tools and equipment required to perform functions of the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Receive and/or maintain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
- Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to maintain pace with the assembly line.
- Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
- Requires the ability to bond using repetitive moderate force gripping.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is part of Terumo Group, founded in 1921 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
- In 2019, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies reached $1 billion in revenue.
- We employ nearly 7,000 associates globally, with global headquarters in Lakewood, CO, U.S., and regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
- We manufacture devices, disposable sets and solutions at our facilities in Belgium, India, Japan, Northern Ireland, the U.S. and Vietnam. Our global presence enables us to serve customers in more than 130 countries.
- Our core values help set our direction, guide our actions and keep us true to our corporate mission of contributing to society through healthcare.
- Respect – Appreciative of others
- Integrity – Guided by our mission
- Care – Empathetic to patients
- Quality – Committed to excellence
- Creativity – Striving for innovation
- We contribute to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), raising $1.3 million USD since 2007.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is committed to providing a safe, healthy and secure working environment. Our Colorado campus locations are tobacco-free workplaces and we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and detailed background verification.
Location: Lakewood, CO
Job date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 06:50:45 GMT