Job title: Warehouse Associate – 3rd Shift
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Primary Responsibilities for this position:
Follows the written and verbal instructions of Supervisors to meet the requirements of the shipping schedule. Ensure the accuracy of items picked and order staging. Maintains a continual monitoring of products selected as to conformance to quality standards. Responsibility for meeting established production rates for assigned orders. Responsible for cleanliness of work area. Responsible for minimizing scrap.
Follows all safety and company policy requirements. Places material into, and out of, stocking locations using material handling equipment or manually.
Typical Duties of the Position:
- Sets up orders based upon established specifications.
- Stages boxes to assemble orders for shipping.
- Adjusts order forms to reflect current status of shipping orders.
- Moves material in and out of stocking locations.
- Completes any required paperwork.
- Performs cycle counts as required.
- Cleans area and any assigned equipment.
- Notifies Supervisor of any problems.
- Completes projects and tasks as assigned.
- Advises the Warehouse Manager on issues and improvements pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Ensures proper inspection for quality of goods packed.
- Advises superior on issues regarding safety.
- Ensures the compliance of procedures to all company policies.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or other higher level managers.
- Follows the requirements of assigned schedule to meet shipping demand.
Quantifiable measurements of this position:
- Order assembly volume.
- Quality of boxes processed.
Qualifications for the Position:
A High School Degree, or equivalent training. A minimum of three months directly related experience. Ability to understand directions. Familiar with order assembly operations. Good manual dexterity skills with the ability to follow detailed instructions. Ability to communicate at all levels. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to work with material handling equipment as trained.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements (ADA):
Mental: The ability to write, read, and calculates to the 10th grade level. Ability to understand and
Physical: The ability to stand, walk, sit, see, and hear, use of both hands, able to lift 25lbs.
By combining science with design and insights, Milliken tackles the issues and concerns of today. Every day, our community of innovators is invigorated by the challenge of finding creative ways to enhance people’s lives and make the world around us easier, safer, more sustainable and more beautiful.
Location: Salisbury, MA
Job date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 05:05:41 GMT