Job title: Project Manager (Heavy Civil)
Company: Phillips & Jordan
Job description: Phillips & Jordan (P&J) is a privately held, woman-owned, heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our daily business practices. P&J is committed to a People First Philosophy that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response.
P&J is a national contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, P&J maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At P&J, our greatest resource is our employees, and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with P&J.
P&J is a proven innovator, a proven leader, and a proven solution in the industry, and we have built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging, difficult projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule. P&J employs a top notch workforce, and we are always in need of new employees who are dependable professionals with experience in the construction industry. We are seeking safety conscious individuals who have a positive, can-do attitude, work well with others, and want to advance their careers.
Join the P&J team today and become a valued member of our company.
P&J’s Heavy Civil group has it’s headquarters in Knoxville, TN and operates across the US with current projects in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Texas, and California. We require our employees to be open to relocation or temporary project assignments throughout this region.
Provide overall administrative and technical management on construction project site from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor/control construction through communication with of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting and the like.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
May directly supervise up to 20 supervisors with crews of 200.
Knowledge of construction, design, finance and management. Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
Education and Experience:
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of five years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:06 GMT