Job title: Patient Service Representative
Company: Edward-Elmhurst Health
Job description: GENERAL SUMMARY:
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, responsible for providing in-patient, out-patient, emergency room, immediate care and same day surgery patients with timely and accurate pre-registrations, registrations, order management, charge capture, cash collection functions and medical information systems. Collects, analyzes and records demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data from multiple sources and obtains other information and signatures necessary for the above processes. Screens for third-party eligibility and enters medical necessity coding to ensure accurate payment is secured. Interacts in a customer-focused manner to ensure the needs of patients and their families are met and that they understand the hospital’s revenue cycle expectations, including resolution of personal liabilities through various payment options.
Hours: Full time 4pm-11pm with rotating weekends and holidays. This position is eligible for benefits.
Location: Plainfield ED and Outpatient. 24600 W 127th St, Plainfield
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Manual dexterity to operate various office machines
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree in business or healthcare
- Minimum one to two years of registration, scheduling, patient accounts, cash collections or customer service experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of health insurances, medical terminology and anatomy
- Strong data entry and keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual skills
A valid driver’s license is required if the incumbent is selected to perform related duties at an off site location. If the incumbent uses their personal vehicle, the incumbent must maintain automobile liability coverage as required by law and evidence of such coverage may be requested.
- Why join Edward-Elmhurst?
Edward-Elmhurst Health includes three hospitals — Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital, and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health — and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. Edward-Elmhurst Health provides comprehensive healthcare at over 100 locations in the suburbs of Chicago. Our success has always been — and always will be — driven by our most talented, reliable, compassionate and skilled people, who genuinely believe in delivering top quality care to our patients and their families. At Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will also experience a vibrant culture and an atmosphere of nurturing support and leadership.
Be DRIVEN to join our over 8,000 employees, 1,700 staff physicians and 1,800 volunteers who want to provide safe, seamless and personalized care every day for our patients, our families and our communities.
Healthy D.R.I.V.E.N. values
- Determination: A passionate pursuit of continuous improvement
- Respect: A belief that everyone should be treated with dignity—our patients, their families and each other
- Integrity: A firm commitment to always doing the right thing
- Vision: A forward-focused mindset that emphasizes collaboration and innovation
- Excellence: A steadfast focus on delivering safe, highly reliable care to ensure a distinctively high quality, patient-centered experience
- Nurturing: A dedication to providing hope, encouragement, empathy and compassion
Benefits offered by Edward-Elmhurst Health include:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness center membership
- Plus many other employee perks
Location: Plainfield, IL
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 01:58:48 GMT