Job title: Mechanical Engineering Intern IV
Job description: About our group:
The mission Seagate Technology’s Fremont Research Center Recording Media Organization is to develop solutions for complex engineering systems related to every step of media production. It is a place where creative minds shine through solving challenging engineering problems.
About the role – you will:
● Directly engaged with R&D precision tooling, pilot production, and analysis equipment.
● Working side by side with technical staff to utilize design elements that directly add value to prototyping methods, providing innovative ideas where applicable
● Performing a variety of engineering functions associated with R&D process development and proving concepts with real articles
● Designing and performing laboratory experiments to evaluate media design concepts, optimize design, and perform analysis to enhance overall capability of processes and working models
● Hands on product development, modeling and reporting of results
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● Currently pursuing a BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline and entering final year in fall 2021
● Advanced with SolidWorks
● Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Fundamental understanding of material properties & their relation to failure analysis
● Capability to work directly with equipment and material suppliers to identify the best methods to produce advanced components
● Experiences or in depth understanding optics, electronics and automation would be strong plus
● Ability to apply statistical analysis, quality control, using tools such as flow-charting, design and drafting support and document control
● Critical thinking, able to determine appropriate engineering methods, techniques, and procedures for new assignments
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
At Seagate, our mission is to give people peace of mind by protecting their digital lives.
Since 1978, Seagate has been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We help people harness and maximize the datasphere.
Seagate couldn’t do any of that without its employees—a diverse workforce of 40,000 creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world. From the Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, Thailand, through China, our people are proud to embody the values of integrity, innovation, and inclusion.
Consider joining them. Open up your world.
Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. , , & .
For information on how Seagate collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please review the applicant privacy statement.
Location: Fremont, CA
Job date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 23:09:35 GMT