Job title: Magnolia Plant Admin Assistant – Human Resources
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
This position is located at the Magnolia Finishing Plant in Blacksburg, South Carolina and reports to the Human Resource Manager. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant position provides support on operational human resources related issues, including development and communication of policies, training, human resource reporting, hiring, benefits administration and data entry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the development of Human Resource’s procedures and policies
- Maintain files, records, and reports
- Administer specified tasks in Human Resources SAP Management System
- Enter data into Plant Access System
- Prepare management information reports and documents
- Liaison with payroll, absence recording, and holiday recording systems
- Advise staff regarding personnel, benefits and pay issues
- Administer benefits and retirement, programs, and events
- Assist associates and applicants with employment, rules, policies, and job opportunities
- Support and follow through on the completion of job application materials and documents, and preparation of employment interviews and test
- Enter and maintain recruiting data in Milliken’s E-Recruiting database
Qualifications – Required:
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to read and prepare a variety of documents and reports including requisitions, Leave of Absence (General and FMLA), Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, & COBRA) and other office correspondence
- Ability to communicate and interact with other associates, vendors, and the general public, while exhibiting poise, voice control and confidence
- Proficient in PC hardware components, desktop operation system software, application software, Human Resource SAP and Microsoft Office
- Able to work alone on broad variety of projects
- Able to handle customer visits and requirements
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Minimum 2 year Associates Degree preferred or equivalent experience in Human Resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in SAP.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strengths in the following:
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Communication skills
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Blacksburg, SC
Job date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 07:23:34 GMT