Job title: Equipment Engineering Technician III – B Shift
Job description: About our group:
We are part of the Wafer Equipment Engineering Services organization at Seagate. You will be working in a team environment interacting with a range of team members from technicians, operators, senior engineers and management. You will also have the opportunity to share your knowledge and learn from others on the team. Seagate believes this is critical to the growth of our employees, as well as our Company.
About the role – you will:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Vacuum equipment in Wafer fabrication
- Diagnose and troubleshoot ultra-high vacuum systems
- Follow PM documentation (OCAP, Out of Control Action Plans)
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot equipment in a manner that meets company standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime
- Consistently work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- You may provide guidance or lead / mentor other support personnel
- As a highly skilled specialist, you will contribute to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways
- You are able to follow, complete, and create PM instructions for the organization
- You are expected to be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and be able to creatively solve problems as they arise.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to work in cleanroom environment
Your experience includes:
- Demonstrated familiarity with Ion Beam Deposition, Ion Beam Milling, as well as Plasma and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic circuits, vacuum chambers, pumping stacks, PLC’s and ability to read schematics
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Experience working assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative and make recommendations for solutions.
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound
Shift: B Monday – Wednesday and every other Thursday 6:30pm to 6:30am
Location: Normandale, United States
At Seagate, our mission is to give people peace of mind by protecting their digital lives.
Since 1978, Seagate has been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We help people harness and maximize the datasphere.
Seagate couldn’t do any of that without its employees—a diverse workforce of 40,000 creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world. From the Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, Thailand, through China, our people are proud to embody the values of integrity, innovation, and inclusion.
Consider joining them. Open up your world.
Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. , , & .
For information on how Seagate collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please review the applicant privacy statement.
Location: Bloomington, MN
Job date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 23:14:55 GMT