Job title: Endoscopy Support Specialist
Company: Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Job description: Working Location: Virginia, Norfolk
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Endoscopy Support Specialist I main responsibility will be to obtain core Olympus product, service and operational knowledge during initial training period. He/ She must successfully complete specialized customer service training to develop customer relationship building skills to provide customer endoscopy support activities, successfully attend and complete a structured training curriculum which will include classroom instruction and hands on equipment practice and evaluation. The Endoscopy Support Specialist l will also learn and implement repair service strategies within a discreet territory that will provide customer assistance in reducing service contract costs, support service contract renewals and create opportunities to increase repair service market share. He/ She will provide an operational core competence of technical and presentation skills to drive Olympus service business objectives. It will provide endoscopy support service that will strengthen the Olympus brand through building strong customer relationships.
In a typical day, you will:
- Service management and other corporate personnel to provide the highest level of customer support and endoscopy service satisfaction.
- Conduct service support calls independently and in a team effort with other corporate personnel as necessary.
- Provide solutions for endoscopy equipment service problems to assist customers toward the goal of repair reduction and to demonstrate the ability to develop customer relationships based on trust loyalty and satisfaction.
- Performing precontract inspections performing scope audits and approaching non contract customers to support the value of service contracts and proper maintenance of Olympus endoscopy equipment.
- Maintain customer rapport with key decision makers and gain experience to support their endoscopy equipment service requirements and leverage relationships to assist in the growth of Olympus service business.
- Become familiar with endoscopy equipment applications and products through structured corporate training programs on the job training study of Olympus marketing materials sales brochures and available self study programs.
- Develop skills to assist over consuming contract customers to improve equipment utilization and reduce repair costs through an asset management focused approach enhancing the performance and value of their Olympus endoscopy equipment.
- Trained to accurately perform and report on other MBO related duties as assigned and to meet all goals set and agreed upon with management.
- Capable of retaining technical knowledge and be evaluated as having the ability to perform and meet all job responsibilities in order to progress beyond the training period.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and or clinical position
- Minimum of 1 year employment in Sales and or Service.
- Previous field based work history.
- Experience and competency with technical equipment and or devices.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements to operate a company vehicle as outlined in the OCA Fleet Program.
- Must hold a valid U.S. Driver’s License at all times that is not revoked or suspended in any state, province or other jurisdiction.
- Work flexible hours.
- Able to travel with overnight stays via automobile, or air to meet customer needs, or as requested by management.
- High level of personal organization High level of customer interaction and customer service support Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Technology literate.
- Proficient in providing distinctive customer service to exceed customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated decision making ability and resolution management.
- Ability to perform under pressure and effectively communicate solutions to customers.
- Understanding of business policies and practices.
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi task.
- Independent work ethic and results attainment orientated.
- Task orientated requiring minimal supervision once initial training is completed.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Virginia (US-VA) || Norfolk ||
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 06:49:23 GMT