Job title: Construction Inspector / Civil Engineer – WAPA, NV
Company: Project Solutions Inc.
Job description: Project Solutions is a Project Management and Engineering firm that specializes in Owner’s Representative services. We work with Federal contractors and have positions open throughout the country. We strive to provide the highest possible customer service to our clients. We value our employees and the talents and extensive knowledge they bring to each project.
Position(s): Construction Manger Representative – Civil Engineer (Full Time)
Project Purpose and Background:
We are seeking a talented individual to provide construction inspection services to monitor, inspect, and control construction of projects involving the construction of buildings and facilities within the Region. Inspections of work will include: surveying, grading, excavation, reinforced concrete structures, buildings, structural steel, welding, HVAC, plumbing, and asphalt concrete paving.
Work involves complex coordination with a multitude of individuals involved with construction and right of way activities. These services are required to ensure that the construction contractor’s material, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the contract terms, project specifications, and drawings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contact on-site representative, Supervisory Field Engineer, or Supervisory Construction Control Representative on a daily basis to communicate progress of construction contractor’s work force and operations, schedule deviations, technical issues, etc.
- Monitor and inspect the construction contractor’s work progress and prepare electronic daily, weekly, and other periodic reports as required
- Provide photo records of construction work in progress
- Review construction contractor’s monthly payment invoices
- Issue Special Work Permits to the construction contractor as required
- Arrange, attend and facilitate preconstruction meetings identifying project scope of work, construction contractor scheduling requirements, progress reporting, safety requirements, and special work permit/switching/clearance requirements
- Document issues encountered and problems experienced with the construction contractor
- Determine when work practices or conditions would require “Stop Work” order when construction contractor is in “imminent danger” as defined by OSHA Construction Industry Regulations
- Observing, maintaining records, and preparing reports on construction contractor progress, compliance and/or noncompliance, work performance and quantities verification, and provide progress payment recommendations
- Preparing “as-built” drawings from contract drawings and specifications as project progresses for submission at project completion
- Review contractor’s baseline and progress schedules.
- Monitor construction contractor compliance with submittals. Receive, log, and review for completeness and accuracy.
- The Construction Manager shall have no authority to: Accept or reject construction work, Authorize changes to the terms and conditions of the construction contract, Instruct or make recommendations to the construction contractor.
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in construction and inspecting industrial civil and building infrastructure projects (general heavy construction, earth work, concrete, etc.)
- Construction experience working on one or more of the following; civil works, buildings, commercial and industrial civil works projects to include, but not limited to:
- Grading, excavation, reinforced concrete structures, buildings, structural steel, welding, HVAC, plumbing, and asphalt concrete paving
- Previous surveying experience and be capable of verifying the accuracy of site grades and elevations
- Working knowledge of safe construction work practices and recognize safety as a top priority
- Prior or current OSHA Compliance training
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 Construction Industry Regulations requirements, NESC, NEC, and applicable building codes
- Experience reviewing Job Hazard Analyses (JHA), monitoring safety meetings and safe work practices, and monitoring compliance with site specific safety plans
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply applicable OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of construction project scheduling, work methods, and construction materials
- Knowledge of Oracle Primavera Project, Procore, and Microsoft (MS) Project, Word, and Excel preferred
- Have the ability to read, understand and interpret construction drawings and specifications that include, but not limited to: civil, electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and geological
- Must have and maintain a current insurable driver’s license and be capable of driving to project locations
- Qualified applicant must be able to pass a background check
- Certified to perform CPR, administer First Aid, and use an AED
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
Conditions of Employment
- Average agility and dexterity. Duties will include moderate walking over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders or similar activities, recurring lifting of moderately heave objects less than 50 lbs. and regular visits to construction sites.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials. May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
- This position requires completion of an annual medical examination at Project Solutions, Inc. expense
- If you are tentatively selected for this position, you will be required to have a physical examination that will determine whether you are qualified to perform the duties of the position. An offer of employment will depend upon your successfully passing the physical examination.
It is advantageous and preferred that the Inspector be familiar with (a) Western Area Power Administration’s Construction Standards and Drawings and safety standards, and (b) Government construction contracts. It is also preferred the inspector be familiar with the power industry and applicable electrical equipment that will be installed with the project.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 03:36:32 GMT