Job title: Civil Engineer 1 – Water – Atlanta
Company: Black & Veatch
Job description: We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 26466
Job Title : Civil Engineer 1 – Water – Atlanta
Location : RGATLANTA
Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS
Opportunity Type : College full time
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Functions in an engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
- Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Develops an understanding and complies with the Black and Veatch quality program
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope
- Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Shares information with others as requested
- Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Basic knowledge of company quality program
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
No experience required. Requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from either a recognized ABET accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click . If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click and .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Architecture, Engineer, Construction, Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 01:17:19 GMT