Job title: Part time Electricity/Electronics Instructor
Company: Washtenaw Community College
Job description: Posting Number: 0602682
Position Title: Part time Electricity/Electronics Instructor
Position is: Part Time
Position Type: Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Department/Ofc.: Advanced Technologies & Public Service Careers
WCC is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when part-time and/or on-call instructors are needed to teach Electricity/Electronics credit courses. Needs may become available prior to or during each semester. Upon successful submission of your application, resume and transcripts, you will be considered for future part-time and/or on-call teaching opportunities on a per course basis.
Be a part of our talented instructional team!
Course assignments can include day and evening classes in Electrical Fundamentals, Basic Electronics, Motors & Controls and Programmable Logic Controllers. To teach effectively in a classroom or clinical setting, through the development, instruction and evaluation of coursework, ensuring that overall course objective and program goals are achieved. To support student learning through evaluation of progress, guidance and assistance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
- Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet overall course objectives and program goals.
- Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic Achievement.
- Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written examinations and overall observation.
- Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting individual students as needed.
- Participate in professional activities including, but not limited to, curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
- Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: Schedules vary according to class schedules. The terms of employment are based on college enrollment and class enrollment.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Electricity, Electronics or related field required. Minimum 5 years full-time work experience required. Associates degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Electricity, Electronics or related field may be considered with a minimum of 7 years full-time work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years full time work experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- College level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities and cultures.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems on the spot to facilitate students completing their labs.
- (For PLC classes) Experience working with Rockwell RSLogix software and Allen Bradley SLC 500 and ControlLogix PLCs in class or on the job.
Posting Date: 09/18/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete the online application completing all fields and attach required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $60.40
Professional Instructor (Non-Adjunct) Academic Year 2020-2021:
$906 per one (1) course contact hour. The course contact hour divided by 15 equals the clock hour rate (i.e., $906/15 = $60.40). Normally a three (3) credit hour course in either Fall or Winter Semester would typically equal three (3) course contact hours.
Expected salary: $60.4 per hour
Job date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 00:35:19 GMT