Job title: Technical Account Manager – Electronics Industry
Job description: Technical Account Manager – Electronics Industry
The Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit is looking for someone to lead and purposefully expand our footprint within strategic key accounts in the Electronics and Semiconductor Industry. In this role you will be responsible to analyze the accounts’ business targets & strategy, challenges, needs, processes, value chain and key business drivers and craft and provide Siemens solutions accordingly. You will establish, develop and maintain successful and mutually helpful relationships to the accounts’ engineering managers and technical decision makers. To cover the global footprint of the target accounts, you will be working closely with the worldwide Siemens setup and your counterparts in Asia and Europe. You will represent the Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio with focus on factory automation. To help the accounts reaching their goals in global manufacturing, new technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence in manufacturing and virtual commissioning will be leveraged. Helping to lead your accounts to the next decade of success with our rapidly growing Digital Enterprise portfolio is the key driver.
Consumer electronics companies are facing many challenges in a competitive environment. Their global setups, fast moving product life cycles and cost driven markets makes them to look for new ways of reaching their target. The Siemens Digital Enterprise solutions have been used by many companies to booster their success. We want to help our customers in the electronics industry to reach new heights and to hit new milestones in modern manufacturing.
- Develop and maximize the strategic account penetration
- Present and promote Digital Manufacturing hardware and software products to prospects and customers
- Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- Complete technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions
- Provide one-on-one support and assist customers through applications from concept through completion
- Consult with appropriate groups for complex domestic and international projects
- Collect business opportunities and build business visibility with assigned accounts
- Understand customer challenges and develop solutions and ideas based on Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio
- Expand long term partnership with accounts
- Actively drive digitalization and digital enterprise at the accounts
- Represent Siemens on industry dedicated events and fairs
- Increase overall presence and reputation at the assigned accounts
- Lead the technical project support within in the team
- Guide the application engineers depending on customer projects and roadmap
Required Knowledge/skills, Education, And Experience
The Technical Business Development Manager is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has extensive knowledge in developing accounts. Building and growing customer relationship is a strength.
- BS/BA Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- More than 10 years’ experience in technical business development and sales experience with track record of successful performance, preferably in the relevant industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading sophisticated projects/customers successfully
- Able to work effectively with individuals from multiple cultures and backgrounds
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- More than 10 years’ experience in industrial automation
- Deep technical understanding of the Siemens Digital Enterprise portfolio, including, Automation (TIA Portal), Motion Control and Drives, IoT, Artificial intelligence, Edge technology, Simulation and virtual commissioning and Mindsphere
- Travel: 10%
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .
Location: Campbell, CA
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 07:37:00 GMT