Job title: SECURITY OFFICER – ARMED
Job description: Job ID: 1205504
Employment Status: Full-Time
For more than 130 years, St. Louis Children’s Hospital has provided exceptional care for children in all 50 states and 80 countries around the world. With its academic partner, Washington University School of Medicine, Children’s is consistently ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. A member of BJC Healthcare, St. Louis Children’s Hospital follows one simple mission – to do what’s right for kids. That mission comes to life through medical discovery, innovative therapies and compassionate care. In 2018, Children’s expanded with a state-of-the-art, 12-story medical tower. To learn more, visit , , and .
Provides continuous patrols of the medical center, while being attentive and alert to the safety and welfare of visitors, patients, volunteers, staff, employees and hospital property.
Responsibilities * Responds to emergency situations according to approved, established Security Department protocol.
- Ensures equipment issued and used during the execution of duties is properly maintained.
- Provides continuous security patrols of all areas of the medical center.
- Mitigates crisis situations such as code responses, responding to disturbances, fires and disaster drills and situations.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed on all patrol vehicles.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Degree * High School Diploma or GED
Supervisor Experience * No Experience
Licenses & Certifications * Applicable govt regulations
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Degree * Associate’s Degree
– Criminal Justice/related
Licenses & Certifications * ASP Baton Certification
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- PD – PSUL
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center Legal Statement
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 05:58:18 GMT