Job title: QA Specialist IV
Job description: Position Description
Serco is seeking applicants for overseeing ISO9001:2015 Quality Assurance services for Ship/Submarine/Shore C5ISR production, installation, integration and testing in SI2 Business Unit. The Quality Assurance Specialist IV leads the SI2 Business Unit Quality function which performs audits and inspections of work in-process, and finished products ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and customer requirements. Records, reviews, analyzes and maintains test and inspection Quality Objective Evidence (OQE) data for completeness, correctness and conformance to performance metrics noting deviations from standards. Coordinates with Program Managers and Directors to assign resources to establish and maintain QA Workbooks, Test & Inspection Plans. Participates in quality review meetings with customer and presents Quarterly Quality Management Review reports to BU VPs. Conducts surveillance of quality and safety related activities. Identifies and document process and/or material deficiencies and recommends opportunities for improvement to standards, methods, and procedures. Monitors trades and subcontractors to ensure work conforms to customer requirements and the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System. Ensures accomplishment of in-process inspections including review of checkpoints and test requirements. Knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items, Work Specifications, MIL STDs and technical installation drawings. Interfaces with customer pertaining to issues of adherence to ISO standards and demonstrates strong communication skills. Must possess excellent communication skills. Provides training relating to th Business Unit’s ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System to employees. Relies on extensive experience and judgements to plan and accomplish Quality objectives. Responsible to follow all company policies and quality/safety procedures. The QA Specialist IV reports to the Performance Excellence service center and supervises 17 Quality professionals providing guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members. Job assignments will require working at client sites (shipyard and US Govt facility environments) where working conditions may vary.
- BA/BS in related discipline with 8-10 years experience in Quality Assurance environment (testing and/or inpsections) OR High School diploma with 12-14 years of relevant Quality Assurance experience for DOD systems
- Previous experience leading and supervising team of at least 5 QA Specialists
- Experience testing and or inspecting products, materials, components at various stages of production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards such as Navsea Standard Items & Technical Specification 9090-310
- Experience assessing quality of Electrical and/or Structural integration or installations
- OSHA- Maritime 10 Hour
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, MSProject)
- Ability to gain and maintain access to Private Shipyards and US Gov facilities, bases, ships and submarines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Travel up to 25% is possible
- Experience assessing tasks requiring US Army EM385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements desired
- NDT Level III (VT, MT & PT), desired
- Ability to read and understand C5I system installation Drawings desired
- Familiarity with Sharepoint, Costpoint, Deltek, SPIDER and REMEDY systems desired
- OSHA 30 hour trained desired
- ISO9001:2015 or AS9100 Lead Auditor desired
- Lean Six Sigma certification desired
- Current US Passport desired
This position is contingent upon your ability to obtain/maintain/transfer your Secret clearance and ability to maintain Private Shipyard and US GOVT facilities access.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 22:13:55 GMT