Job title: Principal Architect Project Manager – Registered Architect (RA)
Job description: Job Description
Principal Architect Project Manager – RA The team is wonderful to work with and the projects are very exciting. I couldn’t be more thrilled about my job here at (this client). Thank you so much!” -Current On-Board Services Employee working at this Major Client.
Chat instantly about this job!
Engineering Recruiter Mike Santoro is here to Help you!
helping you save time in your job search with informative job ads and instant chat availability=)
Do you have a question about this job right now? Then, connect with me instantly on LinkedIn. I am available to chat any time. Send me a connection request and ask questions about this job. Ask me about working for this Fun Manager Click here to find me on LinkedIn:
On-Board Services, a Family Owned and Operated Human Capital firm specializing in Professional Search Recruiting and Talent Acquisition is assisting a large Philadelphia area client with a search for a Principal Architect to lead, coordinate, and oversee the pre-design, design, and construction efforts of approximately 5 -10 Capital Real Estate Projects per year (generally less than $1.5 Million each) including new facilities, adaptive reuse renovations, weather envelope, site accessibility and lighting, security and terrorism hardening, etc. You will be responsible to initiate the project planning by establishing a collaborative partnership with multiple departments to establish design project’s scope, schedule, and budget and to develop the anticipated project’s constraints and risks while achieving consensus with the key stakeholders. You will oversee the project and work as a liaison between internal technical engineering and architectural subject matter experts, internal Project Management Team Members, and external 3rd party Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Firms in order to drive the projects forward from design to through construction completion. These projects are expected to be at least 1 year long with the likelihood of extension, or you could be hired directly by our client at the project completion.
Job Location: Remote with future office travel and local travel near Philadelphia, PA
Travel: Approximately 10% Trip Travel between the Greater Philadelphia area, Virginia, and Boston.
Pay Rate: Competitive W2 Rate commensurate with experience
- National Health Network Plans
- National Dental Network Plans
- National Vision Network Plans
- 401k Plan (Roth and Traditional)
What are the Primary Qualifications and Responsibilities?:
– 15+ years experience in design and construction experience of commercial, assembly, industrial, and mercantile space
– Licensed Registered Architect (required) with an Accredited NAAB Degree and NCARB record
– (Plus but not required) AICP Certified Planner
– Full project cycle experience initiation, pre-design, schematic, design development, construction documents, construction phase, commissioning, close-out.
– Experience in leading project teams including outsourced consultants, engineers, architects, planners, construction teams.
– Additional certifications from PMP, Facilities Management, LEED, Planning, or Historic are a benefit.
– Demonstrated ability to negotiate and ensure alignment among large complex teams through the programming, design, and construction process.
– Experienced with integrating civil, site, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, IT, security systems, terrorism resistance & facility hardening, as well as operational equipment with architectural building systems.
– Knowledgeable of office furniture systems including power and IT integrations as well as video monitors and protection systems.
– New facility, existing facility renovation, and tenant fit-out design and construction (developer spec)
– 3rd party architect, engineer, constructor leadership including monitoring and control of the design-construct process.
– Ability to author and review design and construction RFP, RFQ, scopes of work, general conditions, specifications, sketches, drawings, and other documents independently and develop into a cohesive package.
– Reviewing submittals for compliance with published documents, questioning bidders to ensure conformance with scope and specification, and aligning bids to close gaps and risks.
– Experienced at aligning work performed with scoped and specified requirements as well as progressing schedule of values for design and construction services.
– Experienced at thought leadership, meetings, meeting minutes, record keeping, and documenting decisions and expediting actions to closure.
– Fiscal and schedule development, monitoring, progressing, and correction.
– Programming, Design, and Construction document development
– Construction administration including review of submittals, processing RFI, expediting.
– Project commissioning, substantial and final completion, and project closeout (technical and fiscal).
– Ability to use typical office tools and software including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Project / Primavera, Adobe Suite
How do you apply for this Principal Architect job?
Applying is EASY! Don’t worry about writing an elaborate cover letter (just send a detailed resume).
To Apply for immediate consideration for this job please apply through this job board and send your resume to Michael Santoro at [email protected] and reference “Principal Architect – Philadelphia” in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you in the next 24 – 48 hours. If you meet the requirements above then I will likely contact you promptly. =) I want to help you in your career, so please apply quickly so we can help get you an interview FAST!
*If this position is not quite for you, please still email your resume as a .doc or .pdf attachment to and your resume will be captured by our recruiting team and you will be contacted for future similar openings with our clients that might be a better fit for you. On-Board Companies has nearly 3,000 employees contracted to clients throughout the United States and we look forward to helping you and your career!
You cannot be begin a job assignment with our client without successfully passing their pre-employment drug screen and background checks
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 03:28:42 GMT