Job title: Laboratory Technician; Chemical Development
Company: AMRI Global
Job description: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, CHEMICAL DEVELOPMENT in Albany, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Laboratory Technician is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by performing the synthesis, purification and identification of chemical intermediates and target compounds. The Laboratory Technician is expected to demonstrate competency in many aspects of practical organic chemistry and assist the senior members of the laboratory group. A major component of this technician’s performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
· Synthesize known compounds efficiently using literature or in-house notebook procedures.
· Modify reaction conditions in order to improve yields. (Design of new or alternate reaction sequences is not a normal expectation, but will enhance the performance evaluation of the scientist).
· Purify synthesized chemicals to an appropriate degree. The scientist will be able to use the full range of chromatographic, crystallization and distillation techniques.
· Analyze and identify compounds using a good range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques. This will include interpretation of TLC, HPLC, polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate complexity.
· Keep accurate, legible and complete records of all experiments and observations.
· Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical
· Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
· Some college experience with major in chemistry (preferred) or equivalent industry experience.
· Chemical Hygiene training.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Location: Albany, NY
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 06:43:34 GMT