Job title: Field Service Technician
Company: Tampa Armature Works
Job description: Job Summary: The Field Service Technician will remove and install AC/DC motors and pumps, perform on-site balance and on-site preventative maintenance at customer sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites for repair and preventative maintenance visits. Must possess good customer service skills and interact with customers on day-to-day basis.
- Repair various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Perform outside field service work on AC/DC electric motors (mechanical & electrical repair.
- Dismantle, assemble, test, inspect, troubleshoot, balance and align AC/DC motors.
- Measure for and note proper replacement parts. Correctively requisitioning needed items.
- Examines coil connections for broken or defective wiring.
- Troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level using various methods and testing equipment, including but not limited to megohmmeter, high voltage insulation testers, AC/DC volt-ohm-millimeter, clamp-on am me-meters. Various kinds of hand-held powered and non-powered tools, etc.
- Test coils, armatures, stators, rotor and field coils for continuity, shorts and grounds and insulation resistance.
- Troubleshoot and repair low and medium voltage circuit breakers and protective relay.
- Will work on transformers, motor shaft starters and variable frequency drives.
- Examine bearings, shafts and other moving parts for excessive wear or defects.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electromechanical assemblies including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, motor leads, gears, seal impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Assemble and test motors for specified performance.
- Analyze various manufacturers’ schematics diagrams.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Responsible for vehicle safety maintenance.
- Preferably, candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in rotating apparatus field repair (AC and/or DC electric motors, pumps, blowers, etc).
- Some experience in an electric motor/job shop environment would be greatly beneficial. Skills required include: troubleshooting of problems, electrical theory, mechanical theory, and understanding of vibration analysis and alignment.
- Candidate must be available for on call and overtime work.
- Must have satisfactory driving record with ability to obtain a DOT license.
- Must be able to respond to emergency repairs as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education; or up to one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
- Basic comprehension of fractional values and ratio calculations are required when mixing paint, thinners, catalysts, etc. Arithmetic skills are essential for many of the remaining day to day functions.
- Basic understanding of computer operation and corporate software may be required to initiate and terminate work order entry.
- Read and understand work orders, shop instructions, specifications and procedures manuals, and posted safety instructions. Individuals must know the location of and how to read the material safety data sheets (MSDS) and interpret as to the severity of the potential hazards that exist when using the variety of solvents and chemicals required when performing the task as required.
TAW is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer including disabled and Veterans.
This position is located at 10520 Busch Drive, North, Jacksonville, FL. .
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 01:41:56 GMT