Job title: Electronics Engineer III
Job description: Overview
Peraton is seeking an Electronic Engineer in El Paso, TX to lead depot-level maintenance, perform testing and repairs of various Radar components, electronics equipment, and other various electronic systems in support of the Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS) program. This position identifies and leads testing of reversed engineered parts and/or vendor repair parts at the El Paso TARS Support Center (EPTSC). Develops training plans and provides on-site training and technical assistance for site electronic technicians as needed. Supports short notice, emergency responses to provide equipment troubleshooting, repair and maintenance and technical assistance to all TARS Sites, when required.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Applies advanced technical analytical skills and knowledge to solve unusually complex problems with aerostat electronic equipment beyond the capabilities of individual sites.
- Directs and performs depot-level maintenance on items shipped to the depot for repair such as telemetry and command assemblies, pressurization and control assemblies, power distribution assemblies, meteorological equipment, ground station electronic equipment, communications assemblies, azimuth drives and controllers, radar assemblies, and electrical/electronic support equipment.
- Travels to the sites to direct and perform intermediate level maintenance on ground station equipment, aerostat electronics equipment, weather radars, tethers, and payload equipment.
- Fabricates electrical cable assemblies at the depot IAW system technical documentation.
- Writes maintenance reports and recommendations for system improvements.
- Writes and updates Preventive Maintenance Instructions for existing and new systems.
- Trained to operate standard and special electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Provides depot level maintenance, repair, modification, and technical support for the various Aerostat systems and peripherals such as circuit boards, IFF interrogators, and beacon transponders, waveform generators, and wire-wrapped circuit boards and other Radar and electrical systems.
- Coordinates resupply and repair logistics activities for the aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Trains and certifies other personnel in selected aerostat electronic subsystem procedures.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles up to 150 feet from ground.
- Some work at sites maybe in confined spaces.
- Spend approximately 75% of the time in EPTSC.
- Spend the other 25% of the time at the operational sites for scheduled and unscheduled periodic visits.
- Visits can consist of inspections and/or training for site technicians.
- Of particular importance, is their additional function to support short notice, emergency responses to provide troubleshooting assistance, equipment repair and maintenance, when so required.
- High School graduate required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- 4 years Radar, RF and Telemetry technical and maintenance experience required.
- 4 years electrical technical experience required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Work requires the ability to perform the following physical activities: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting. Work may require walking, standing, sitting and working in confined spaces or at high elevations for extended periods of time. Remote site field visits.
- Travel to remote site fields will be required.
- General office work environment.
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of Public Trust. In order to obtain this position, you must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show proof of citizenship and residency.
- Experience with legacy wire-wrapped electronics and components desired.
- Experience with L88-A and/or L88(V3) Radar systems.
At Peraton, we’re at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day. We’re the partner of choice to help solve some of the world’s most daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We’re not mired in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can’t be done.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: El Paso, TX
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 04:46:24 GMT