Job title: Director, Chemical Development
Company: AMRI Global
Job description: DIRECTOR OF CHEMICAL DEVELOPMENT in Albany, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Director of Chemical Development is a leadership role leading the efforts in developing robust, safe, and economical processes for the production of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and being a technical expert in the field of process development. The role also demands full understanding of various operations in a site particularly managing a group’s P&L and profitability.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a group of diverse organic chemists that are responsible for the drug substance development and production activities.
- Lead strategy and execution of drug substance development and small scale manufacturing. This includes: chemical process development and optimization, establishment of API specifications, identification of impurities and manufacturing.
- Develop plans for technology transfers of drug substances to one of amri’s global production sites.
- Effectively interface with the customer, Analytical, QA, QC, and scale-up teams.
- Supervise and mentor junior scientists and serve as a technical expert for the department as requested.
- Motivate and guide the team to maximize efficiency.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MS or BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry working in drug substance process development
- MBA strongly preferred
- Solid Site Operations experience inclusive of management of P&L and profitability.
- 5+ years’ leadership experience with a proven track record of executing projects within timelines and budget.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to achieve department and corporate goals
- Good understanding of the current GMP practices and Quality Management.
- Good knowledge of current trends of process automation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location: Albany, NY
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 07:21:34 GMT