Job title: CDL Driver – OFC – Chemical Treatment / Delivery
Job description: ChampionX has immediate needs for Operational Specialists throughout the Permian Basin. If you are a dedicated DOT driving professional with a proven track record of success in customer delivery, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base hourly rate and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- Enjoy paid training allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, and more!
What You Will Do:
This position will primarily be responsible for providing chemical treatments to oil wells, and the maintenance and safe operation of any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plants and/or warehouse locations.
- Chemical treating of all scheduled wells and locations on a regular basis.
- Maintain chemical inventory reports.
- Present a professional manner and work closely with sales people to satisfy customer requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with sales and supervisor in order to report field problems and/or safety hazards.
- Maintain truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition at all times by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections.
- Maintain driver’s hours of service by using Turnpike and/or paper log book reporting.
- Keeps current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills.
- Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment.
- Properly load trucks, prepare daily bills of lading, schedule the order of daily treatments and submit treating reports to sales.
Territory / Location Information:
This position is based in Denver City, TX and covers approximately a 40 mile radius of the surrounding area.
- Minimum high school graduate or GED
- Must currently hold a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), issued by the state in which the candidate resides
- Must be willing and able to obtain Hazardous Material and Tanker Endorsement within the first 30 days of employment
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations, within the past three years required
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (3 years)
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Must have the ability to Lift/Carry up to 50 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Three (3) years commercial driving experience, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations, within the past five years required
- Experience with the operation of forklifts, drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers and gauges
- Experience with handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units
- Knowledge of precautions needed if exposed to H2S (hydrogen sulfide)
- Experience in customer relations
- Experience performing warehouse duties, which include preventative maintenance, inventory and ordering of chemicals, receiving incoming shipments, organizing warehouse for safe and efficient chemical storage, operation of customized chemical manufacturing equipment and the upkeep of warehouse grounds
- Awareness of chemical safety and the measures to take in the event of skin contact or spill
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Location: Denver City, TX
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 07:55:52 GMT