Job title: Technician Electronics Senior
Company: Salt River Project
Job description: SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
1. Working knowledge of Distribution Feeder Automation (DFA), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Energy Management System (EMS), and Fuel Systems
2. In depth working knowledge of Orion/Novatech RTU, GE D200/D20 RTU, T300/GE DART, Omicron testing devices, ASE Test Sets, SGConfig, and LogicLinx
1. Familiarity with Transmission Generation Operations (TGO), Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Power Dispatch Operations (PDO), Distribution Operations Control (DOC), Power Delivery Technical Services (PDTS), and various Key Accounts
2. Ability to interface with Relay Shop, Electric Shop, Substation Maintenance, and Energy Management Systems (EMS) Support
3. Have quality organizational skills
4. Have high quality communication skills (verbal, written)
5. Exhibit accountability for self and team
6. Be available to customers, technicians and management
7. Ability to be collaborative with stakeholder groups, along with being customer centric
8. Ability to multi-task and be flexible with ever changing work priorities
9. Self-driven with limited direction and oversight
See additional information.
- Tech 1: No experience required at entry .
- Tech 2: Minimum of 24 months of experience in Electronics Tech 1 job classification, or equivalent experience, as well as meet Electronics Tech 2 criteria as defined in the department’s approved Technician Training Program specifications.
- Tech 3: Minimum of 24 months of experience in Electronics Tech 2 job classification or graduate from an approved Electronics Technician Apprenticeship, Electronics Technician Training Program, or equivalent training and meet Electronic Tech 3 criteria as defined in the department’s approved Electronics Technician 3 Advancement Criteria specifications. Must have a minimum of 4 years of total experience to progress to or be hired as an Electronics Technician 3.
- Sr. Tech: Minimum of 36 months of experience in Electronics Tech 3 job classification or graduate of an approved Electronics Technician Apprentice Program, Technician Training Program, or equivalent; and meet Senior Electronics Technician criteria as defined in the department’s approved Senior Electronics Technician Advancement Criteria Document. Must have a minimum of 7 years of total experience to progress to or be hired as a Senior Electronics Technician.
- Contact the department hiring manager for the Technician Training Plan Advancement Criteria Documents.
- For Tech 1 and Tech 2, initial placement, progressions, promotions, and salaries are determined by the hiring manager’s departmental approved Technician Training Program Governance specifications.
- Tech 1: High school education or equivalent plus 6 management approved credit hours; and/or graduation from an accredited technical school.
- Tech 2: Progression to Electronics Tech 2 requires 24 management approved credit hours.
- Tech 3: Graduate of a state approved Electronics Technician Apprenticeship Program, Electronics Technician Training Program, or equivalent training. Requires 48 management approved college level credit hours.
- Senior: Progression to Senior Electronics Technician requires 48 management approved college level credit hours.
Certifications or Testing Required
Requisition ID: 11908
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Retirement pension
- Paid vacation
- Parental leave
- Holiday pay
- Sick leave
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Pre-tax benefits
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Tuition assistance
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 03:57:00 GMT