Job title: Technical Specialist Associate Radio Frequency Electronics
Company: Ball Corporation
Job description: Technical Specialist Associate – Radio Frequency Electronics
Company: Ball Aerospace
Westminster, CO, US, 80021
Date: Oct 12, 2020
Job Category: Engineering/ Technical
Req. ID: 5056
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Specialist Associate – Radio Frequency Electronics
This position will have integrated RF and Control Electronics as its area of specialization.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, read, and review schematics that incorporate RF Electronics and Control Electronics for RF components.
- Review, build, troubleshoot and repair technically difficult assemblies that incorporate and integrate RF, digital control and mechanical functions and interfaces.
- Write process documents to establish and maintain processes for handling, assembly and control of integrated RF and control electronics assemblies.
- Mentor more junior technicians in techniques and processes.
- Set up technically difficult board and system level testing of RF, digital, power, antenna range and environmental tests.
- Make decisions about designs and test configurations based on interpretation of test data.
- Maintain an orderly and effective laboratory space where various engineers and technicians execute their work.
- Assignments may be diverse, rapidly paced, and technically difficult.
- Will develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic competency in core RF and electronics skills and figures of merit.
- Must interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Must know how to address customers’ needs, when to volunteer and when to defer actions to responsible engineer.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of process and process compliance and the ability to participate in process audits and corrective actions.
- Must have skills in machining, soldering, autoclave processes, potting and ESD sensitive processes.
- Capability to use circuit schematic simulation for digital and RF circuits,(e.g. Microwave Office) is desired.
- Proven expertise with the following equipment: spectrum analyzer, PNA, Power Amplifier, RF Signal Generator, DMM and Oscilloscope is desired.
- A current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Location: Westminster, CO
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:35:27 GMT