Job title: Sr Quality Engineer- Electronics
Company: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Job description: The Electronics Group of Crane Aerospace & Electronics designs and manufactures high-density, high-reliability electronics for our aerospace, space, military, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. From the Mars Rover to implantable defibrillators; from submarines to fighter jets, our products have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
Our product line includes power management products and sophisticated electronic radio frequency components and subsystems. As a total solution enterprise, we offer our customers electronic manufacturing services, engineering support services, product development, and production service sets. Our products are found in the most complex commercial and defense applications.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Sr Quality Engineer at our Chandler, AZ facility. This position reports to the Quality Manager. The Quality Engineer is responsible for, in partnership with the Quality Management Team, establishing the continuous improvement strategy to support the organization’s quality and cost reduction goals. In addition, this position will ensure that the site meets both internal and external customer expectations. This position will continually analyze and quantify quality deficiencies using a defined cost of poor quality model along with other key metrics to prioritize and identify the most critical areas of impact to bottom line and customer satisfaction.
- Works with suppliers to refine and enhance products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key manufacturing, production principles, and techniques to assure quality of goods and services provided
- Verifies compliance and effectiveness of supplier quality system by performing supplier audits and surveys. Initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Provides expert analysis, guidance and support to suppliers in process improvement activities, including effective use of problem solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
- Drive timely root cause analysis and implementation of permanent/preventative corrective actions for quality issues working directly with product teams, manufacturing teams, suppliers and customers.
- Champion operational excellence techniques such as SPC, DOE, Lean, Six Sigma to drive continuous quality improvements in the manufacturing area.
- Define and capture Process Capability data for analysis and implementation of process controls and improvements.
- Facilitate audits with AS9100/ISO 9001:2000 Registrar, MIL-PRF-38534/MIL-STD-883 Government and Customer Auditors.
- 5+ years related and relevant experience as a Quality Engineer
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of electronic processes and components. Hybrid manufacturing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 Systems
- Knowledge of Military Standards and requirements
- Knowledge of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- Technical ability to review, understand, and interpret documentation, drawings and specifications, in accordance with military standards and customer requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of organization
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. Citizens only
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Location: Chandler, AZ
Job date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 23:03:41 GMT