Job title: Senior Project Manager – Civil/Environmental Engineer (Mid-Senior Level)
Company: Environmental Resources Management, Inc.
Job description: ERM is seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager – Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our growing team in Charleston, WV. In this role, you will work closely with Partners, Technical Directors and other Project Managers on the management, planning, design and implementation of moderate to complex engineering assignments. You will be involved in the oil & gas, power, renewable energy, manufacturing, solid waste and industrial sectors. A wide variety of environmental related design is anticipated.
Projects will include:
- development of construction drawings, technical specifications and contract documents for site-civil, pipeline erosion and sediment control.
- geotechnical and waste management projects involving earthwork, storm water management, industrial wastewater, utilities, soil and sediment remediation technologies, land disposal facilities, and construction oversight..
Projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. The position will require the candidate to work both independently and on project teams, and to possess the capacity to manage varying priorities and design teams on concurrent projects and meet project deadlines..
- Assist clients in developing strategies and planning conceptual designs for proposed facilities.
- Prepare project work scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Mentoring and line management for junior engineers.
- Work as a part of an engineering design team to create construction drawings, technical specifications and contract documents
- Evaluate field data, perform calculations and prepare engineering reports.
- Provide field exploration support as needed for design parameter development, and during construction for oversight and Construction Quality Assurance purposes.
- Provide general engineering support on environmental projects related to performance assurance, compliance, and transactional services
- Interact with ERM offices worldwide to generate proposals and coordinate projects.
- BS in Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering. MS or higher degree a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant technical experience
- Experience in managing people and projects. Construction management familiarity a plus.
- General understanding of U.S. environmental regulations.
- FE required, PE preferred
- Excellent verbal, writing, and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare concise and accurate technical documents.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a project team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, which includes being comfortable and effective at communicating complex technical knowledge and concepts to other staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and project stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the design aspects of oil and gas pipelines, access roadways, compressor station facilities, natural gas production design, solid waste facilities and general earthwork design.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), ArcMap, interpreting aerial photography, and using interactive maps (U.S. Geological Survey, ArcGIS Online).
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Location: West Virginia
Job date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 22:36:19 GMT